Thursday, July 2, 2009

Clapton: The Autobiography by Eric Clapton

Clapton: The Autobiography by Eric Clapton: I read this book for a few reasons: I love me a good biography/memoir; my husband is a musician (he plays several instruments but is most passionate about the guitar) which has influenced my interest in music; and, I heard that Eric Clapton has had a pretty interesting and somewhat scandalous life. The book didn't disappoint. From just a general biographical standpoint, it's an interesting story, starting with the fact that for the first several years of his life he was raised to believe that his mother, who gave birth to him at the age of 15, was his sister, and then going into detail about his many relationships with various women and his alcoholism, drug addiction, and eventual recovery. However, I'm not quite sure it would appeal to someone who didn't have at least some interest in music and the music industry, as he talks a lot about all of that. It's a good story with a feel-good ending, but in all honesty, by the last couple of chapters, I was eager to just be done with it. If I had to rate it, I'd probably give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

It's up for grabs if anyone's interested . . . Wendy? Tricia? Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment