Thursday, September 30, 2010

Meeting Mr. Wrong

Meeting Mr. Wrong; the Romantic Misadventures of a Southern Belle by Stephanie Snowe.

I "met" the author on her old blog (Jason. For the love of God - the link to her current blog is there) I adore her wit and her 'put it all out there' way of writing about her life.  I'd initially put off reading her book because I didn't want it to change the way I read her blog. I still wanted it to be fresh and alive for me and for some reason I worried it would begin to read more like a reality TV series ... you know?  not really reality??

I gave in this summer and ordered it (my bookstore didn't carry it and neither did my kindle ... hmpf!), I was not disappointed and still look forward to her current posts online.

The book starts out with Stephanie's new husband proclaiming "I don't love you.  I never did!  As soon as them babies come out, I'm divorcing you!"

Seriously, it's on page 1!

She takes us through the ups and downs of life after divorce, with twins and a sense of humor leading the way.  Through the issues of internet dating, grown men that live with their moms, workplace set ups, dealing with family perceptions of where you should be at in life, and did I mention, she has twins??

It's a roller coaster ride, but one that Stephanie shares with humor and dignity (even when she thinks she's lost it).  I enjoyed every bit of it, even the dates from hell, because I could gag, cringe, cry and laugh with her.  I recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, quick, chick lit read ... and my copy is up for grabs!

4 comments:

  1. I love your reviews, Diane! Write more, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun read! I'm always on the lookout for good humourous memoirs, from real people. - G

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Lisa! working on two more.

    very fun read, G! her blog is good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were on reality tv? It would have to be cable. What with all the swearing and whatnot.

    Thank you. Glad you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete